Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trick or Treat

**Please visit me at my new blog, My Nearly Empty Nest, for more great ideas!** 


Halloween is just a few days away and I hope everyone is ready with the treats for all the ghost and goblins 

Since my kids are too old cool for costumes and trick or treating activities they now enjoy handing out candy to the little ones in our neighborhood.  Normally we just dump all the candy into a bowl and put a handful into the trick-or-treater's bag but we have a few special goblins that stop by our house that I always like to give goody bags.  

This year those special goblins will get these fun treat bags.  


How stinking cute are these?  And let me tell you, they were super simple to make!

I printed this skeleton hand pattern I found at Holiday Crafts and Creations on white cardstock, cut out the hands, rolled them to help insert into gloves I already had on hand, inserted candy to fill out the gloves and finished with a tag and ribbon.  Super simple and quick.

Here's a few more pictures.  As you can see I used the long Tootsie Rolls for fingers but Smarties would work just as well.  




The gloves I had on hand were a little opaque which doesn't let the skeleton show through as well as a more clear plastic glove would.  But these gloves were stretchy which allowed more candy to fill out the glove.

I'm sure these will be a big hit on Halloween!

You can find my pin to the original instructions here on Pinterest.

Happy Halloween!

Linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, I'm from KY too! I'm so glad to be following you, I love your blog:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Jenny. Saving this one for next year because I will so be making these. Thanks so much for sharing it on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

This is a drama-free-zone and any comment that is malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks!