Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Window Shopping: Pier One

**Please visit me at my new blog, My Nearly Empty Nest, for more great ideas!** 


I received a gift card from Pier One for my birthday last month.  It’s only taken me a month but I finally made it in the store to look around.  I was certain I’d find something that begged to come live in my house…..and I did…..lots of things!!  So I thought I’d share with a window shopping post.

With summer just beginning, I thought something for the deck would be a good place to start looking.  Among all the plates, cups and party ware I was drawn to these plant stands.  I’ve wanted the longer one for quite some time and had pretty much said sold at that point but I wanted to at least give the rest of the store a chance to beckon to me.

Also, in the outdoor area were several lanterns of various styles – some with more detail in the glass than others – and I was drawn to these.  I like the simplicity of the shape as well as the clear glass.  It also helped that they were 20% off.  Isn’t the red fun?  Not only could I use them on the deck but they’d make cute accessories in the house – gotta love a two-fer!
 
Although I wasn’t looking to purchase dishware I took a few moments to look around.  There was this sweet cloche that made me wonder if I could DIY something similar (colored stones, marbles, etc).  Near it was these cute peacock inspired plates, napkins, and platter.   They reminded me of the thrift store peacocks I repainted.

 
As I wandered toward the baskets I was pleasantly surprised to find these….


Although I can’t find a place for them right now I may go back and pick up a couple of the larger ones.  Can’t bet the price for some storage.

I always love looking through the art and metal works at Pier One because they always have some unique items.  And this time didn’t disappoint me.  This banana leaf wall panel was huge with lots of texture and just a bit of curve.   The rolled leaves created a great pattern and wonderful texture.  Again, perhaps something to DIY in the future?

Around the corner was this great mosaic piece.  The shine totally caught my eye and I had to go in for a closer look.  Again, if someone had the patience, this could be another DIY project.
 
Here I also found a “pallet” sign.  Everyone has been DIYing these but for those who want the look but not the work head to Pier One.  They even had these signs that were stickers for the wall!
 
The pillow section is always exploding at our Pier One store.  I try to avoid it because I have way too many pillows as it is but not today!  I loved these two bird pillows. 
 
And to keep on a bird theme -  what about these beauties?  I’m beginning to think I have a problem with birds.
 
So what did I get with my birthday gift?  Nothing.  Yep. Nada.  Not a stinking thing.  There were way too many great items that I would love to have so I’m sleeping on it right now….dreaming about birds.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post. Can't wait to see what you eventually buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are always so many great choices at Pier 1...hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You have been chosen for the Liebster Blog Award.

    You can read the post at http://www.igottatrythat.com/2012/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, it seems like you are keen in finding good deals even when you are just window shopping. You discovered sme pretty good finds, especially those mosaic pieces. Maybe you would be an excellent mystery shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those plant stands and lanterns were good picks. Sounds like you enjoyed your shopping spree there because you have a gift card with you.

    ReplyDelete

This is a drama-free-zone and any comment that is malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks!