Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wreath Re-do

**Please visit me at my new blog, My Nearly Empty Nest, for more great ideas!** 


Remember this yarn wreath I decorated for Mother’s Day?  Well, since I’m still looking for letters that are the right size in order to finish it I thought I’d give it a little revamp for the upcoming Father’s Day weekend.   

When I saw this idea from Rhonda at Home Made I thought it was so stinking adorable!  And since I hadn’t completed my Mother’s Day wreath it was an easy excuse to revamp the form and try Rhonda's look.  Again, this is the same wreath form I wrapped with gray yarn for Mother’s Day with “dad” paraphernalia added.

Using a white button shirt that my son had outgrown I snipped out the front placket as well as the collar.  The bow tie is a ribbon doubled over itself with a smaller piece looped over the center.  Remember, I’m still looking for the right size letters so forgive the crude cut out ones here and that they're hanging a little crooked (apparently the straight pin holding them in wasn't much of a straight pin).  The black you see on the letters is some black paper letters used for poster decorating. I wanted to go with a darker color for dad since the white foam core was too stark with the white shirt.  

 
 
 
Rhonda added a cute boutonniere but a piece of material to create a handkerchief would be adorable too.  Or if Dad falls in more of the “geek” category wouldn’t it be cute to also cut out the shirt pocket and attach it filled with pens in a pocket protector!?!  Yep, I’d be the daughter that would totally do that!  Hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend!

PSST -  I've got some big plans for this basic wreath form I'll post about once their complete!



12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the idea - it's always good to find fresh ideas for men

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE LOVE THIS .. Sharing on facebook .

    Thanks for linking up this week at Get outta my head please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Father's Day wreath! I just saw your link on Serendipity and Spice (I posted the DIY Shabby Chic Coral Bookends) -- love this idea!

    Charlie @ Match Made On Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  4. liked the mom one but i love this one awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG This is adorable!!! I love it. I am sharing it right now on my FB Fan Page. So glad you shared this wreath idea. Great job.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! It's not every day you see a Father's Day wreath, in fact I've never thought of decorating for "Dad's day" but now I totally want to! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out so great! So glad you stopped by to share your link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun for Fathers Day!
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea! Love it! Found you through Marcie at I Gotta Try That and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit. Blessings ~ Judy @ http://www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

This is a drama-free-zone and any comment that is malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks!